If you’re still working off handshake agreements or have received a payment claim you don’t agree with, give us a call. Having a written contract in place can help streamline the project and avoid arguments down the track on what the parties agreed on. The contract also forms the starting place when making a claim or defending litigation.
We can help you with:
- Preparing subcontract agreements;
- Reviewing and advising on contracts;
- Negotiations and amendments to building or construction contracts;
- Preparing or reviewing payment claims or payment schedules;
- Adjudication applications or responses under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017;
- Debt recovery;
- Contract disputes and litigation e.g. defects, delays, liquidated damages or latent conditions; and
- Dealings with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.
Whether you’re the builder, head contractor, subcontractor or home-owner, Griffiths Parry are here to help.